How do you use the Voyager Calculator for cashback trades? Voyager is a crypto asset broker which features the Voyager app as well as a loyalty rewards program centered around the company’s cryptocurrency (also known as Voyager or VGX). We’ll explore the company, the crypto, and the calculator designed to help you earn cryptocurrency in a variety of ways including crypto back/crypto cash back rewards and referral bonuses.
The Voyager Calculator For Cashback Trades
We’ll examine how Voyager’s crypto cashback rewards work in a moment, but first it’s important to know about the Voyager Calculator that can help you estimate how much cashback you get based on the details of your individual trades.
You’ll need some information to plug into the calculator including important details such as the type of order, the estimated price, the price the order was filled at, and more as you’ll see below. This information is found within the app when viewing your individual trades.
The calculator needs the following data to work:
- Order type
- Price (estimated)
- Price (the actual amount of the order filled)
- Number of tokens used or accepted
- The Voyager Loyalty tier you are currently in
- Current price of VGX
You will also get information from the calculator including:
- Amount of cash back
- Amount of VGX back
- The total amount of the order
- The total percentage of cash back
How Crypto Cash Back Rewards Work
Of the three incentives listed above, many will be interested specifically in earning crypto back. The Voyager Loyalty Program has a tiered reward system that is based on the number of VGX tokens you carry in your account.
The lowest tier requires a monthly balance of 500 VGX, a higher tier (“Explorer”) is offered to those who have a balance of 5,000 VGX monthly, and the highest tier (“Navigator”) is for those who carry a monthly balance of 20,000 VGX.
But Voyager also offers cashback on other crypto, too–it’s not just VGX. According to the official site, the Voyager Loyalty Program also offers “an additional 0.5%, 1%, or 1.5% annual rewards boost on your BTC, ETH, and USDC”. You are required to carry VGX minimums in the app (see above) to begin earning these rewards.
About the Voyager Loyalty Program
Voyager launched VGX and the Voyager Loyalty Program to encourage users to use the crypto and the app and there are a number of rewards and incentives, including:
- VGX Staking: Users who keep VGX tokens on Voyager will earn staking rewards paid monthly as a percentage of the amount of VGX in the account. Voyager will automatically earn 7% annual staking rewards.
- VGX Crypto Back: For every trade you participate in using the Voyager app, you get something called price improvement. This is a function of the app that seeks a lower price for your crypto order. These rewards are paid in tiers (see below) and you will receive your rewards in VGX.
- Referral Rewards: Depending on the level of your membership (see below) you could earn up to $40 in crypto for each successful referral and you can earn even more if your referral spends enough on the platform. The rewards paid under this program may be offered in Bitcoin rather than VGX.
How to Sign Up For Voyager
The first step to sign up is to download the Voyager App. You’ll create an account via this app and follow these steps to get started:
- Navigate to your account
- Choose the “Transfer Cash or Crypto” option
- You can make a deposit simply by scanning a QR code or clicking through
- Voyager advises that transfer of crypto tokens will show up on your account, “once the blockchain transaction is confirmed”
You can download the Voyager app from the App Store or Google Play.
What To Keep In Mind About Cryptocurrency
As the Voyager official site itself warns customers, investments are inherently risky and the past performance of Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency does not guarantee future results. There is a high risk of loss of your investment funds, especially in a highly speculative investment opportunity such as crypto.
Joe Wallace has covered real estate and financial topics, including crypto and NFTs since 1995. His work has appeared on Veteran.com, The Pentagon Channel, ABC and many print and online publications. Joe is a 13-year veteran of the United States Air Force and a former reporter for Air Force Television News.