Akuma Origins is an anime inspired NFT collection of 5,555 Yokai warriors divided into factions and unique traits. Simply holding a Yokai will give you access to seasonal airdrops, merchandise, physical and digital artworks, collectibles and more.
What is Akuma Origins?
Akuma Origins is a generative art project hosted on the Ethereum blockchain. The collection consists of 5,555 Yokai trying to find their way back home. The concept was created in early September 2021 and has been in development since. The goal is to create a decentralized brand that is easily recognizable in both real lives and the web3 space.
The artwork and story is created by Akuma’s Co-Founder, Mateo Almonte. A character design artist based in Belgium with a long and diverse portfolio.
Mint Price & Reveal
- Mint Price: 0.0555 Ξ
- Reveal Date: Wednesday, April 6, 2022 at 5 PM EST
- Public Sale Date: Sunday, April 3, 2022
- Whitelist Mint Date: Thursday, March 31, 2022
- Artist: Mateo Almonte
- Belgium Team: Bernard D (Gatekeeper/Founder), Mateo (2d Artist/Founder) Mattias (3d Artist), Airtor (Web Design), Luke (Moderator), Ade (Developer)
Who Are The Yokai?
By definition, Yōkai (妖怪, “strange apparition”) are a class of supernatural entities and spirits in Japanese folklore. The word yōkai is composed of the kanji for “attractive; calamity” and “apparition; mystery; suspicious.”
In the Akuma universe Yokai are a brave species – folk known around the universe for their skills in battle, loyalty to the shogun and their brothers and sisters in arms. The Akuma universe centers around the Yokai, an army of warriors from eight different factions known for their skills in battle and general camaraderie. In the midst of a brutal thunderstorm, a merchant stumbled upon a cave which hosted an evil spirit. The merchant accidentally released said spirit, known as Akuma, and it is now the Yokai’s duty to defend the realm.
Owning a Yokai gives you access to the realm through the portal. The realm is a place defying the rules and boundaries you know today, blurring the lines of reality and creating a phygital world.
Akuma Origins Roadmap
The main focus is to deliver
‘phygital’ – a mix between physical and digital – value to holders.
Keeping the cross-over between digital and physical items in mind, seasonal airdrops will be delivered to Akuma holders. These airdrops will take the form of NFTs which can be traded in for physical and/or digital goods on the Akuma Origins website. By trading in this airdropped NFT, it will be burned forever. Airdrops will be tied to the season it was dropped. Meaning, owning a season 1 airdrop will give you access to all season 1 items, but not the items that will drop in season 2. However, there are plans for mechanics to trade your seasonal airdrops for other seasons.
Physical and Digital Artwork
There are plans to release physical and digital prints for holders. This includes unique Yokai but also Mateo’s previous works. Physical prints will be released in limited quantities.
Artbook with Akuma Concept Art
The artist, Mateo Almonte, took great inspiration from many artbooks. It would only be a logical step to make the circle round and immortalize Akuma in its own artbook. This hardcover artbook will dive in to every aspect of the development process. A portal in to the mind of the creators that showcases early sketches, mood boards, detailed graphics interviews with creators and collaborators, and much more. A visually appealing representation of the Origins of Akuma, from concept to final product.
Akuma Collectible Toys
Bridging the digital and physical world together through releasing multiple high-quality collectibles. The collectible collection will expand over time and aim to show the prototypes, letting the community decide what’s next.
Akuma Vinyl Figurines
Releasing a carefully crafted, high-quality vinyl figure of Akuma – the devil designed by Mateo, will bring the story to life. The figurines will be shipped in a custom-designed box, that will represent unique Akuma-style art. The first collectible will be released in low quantities.
Merchandise will be created to combine the digital experiences into a physical and tangible form. Quality garments and other wearables will be available to Akuma holders in limited quantities. Later down the road, merch will be released into the digital world. The goal is to release the first part of this merchandise as soon as possible.
These milestones carve the path to the digital world. Every Yokai is trying to find its way home, somewhere in the metaverse. This road is full of secrets, trials and goals to conquer. Akuma will evolve its ecosystem together with the developments of the future.
Full Akuma Intellectual Property Rights
Everyone that holds one or more Yokai has the full IP rights to their piece(s). Akuma Origins encourages owners to build the future of tomorrow, be it in the WEB3 world or outside.
Rarity and Trait Names
Each trait featured in Yokai was designed by hand and carefully generated by a custom algorithm to make sure every single Yokai is completely unique. A system was implemented to make sure that no two Yokai’ look alike. Each is individually created and carries its own story.
- Assets (None, Button, Choker, Festive Earring, Kami, Large Button, Nose Ring, Ring, Ring High)
- Background (None, Brown, Blue, Black, Pink, Purple, Red, White, Yellow)
- Base (None, Round Nose, Sharp Nose)
- Beast (None, Bear, Dragon, Turtle)
- Ears (None, Battle Scarred, Elf, Dark Elf, Northerner, Scarred Dark Elf, Scarred Northerner, Yokai)
- Eyebrows (None, Angry, Buzzed, Demon, Sad, Snow, Thick, Thin, Tomoe)
- Eyes (None, Focused, Glowing, Painted, Possessed, Scarred, Scarred and Possessed, Side Look, Sorcerer, Suspicious, Tears, Tears of Blood, Trance, War Paint, War Ready, Warrior)
- Faction (None, Community of Scholars, Commonwealth, Eastern Tribe, Mysterious Mages, Northern Faction, Sea Tribe, Southern Faction, Wanderer)
- Hair (None, Birds Nest, Braided Mohawk, Braids, Buzzcut, Buzzcut Mohawk, Ceremonial Buns, Crown Mullet, Demon Mullet, Dragon Braids, Dragon Mohwak, Dragon Scales, Double Buns, Dreads, Lightening Cut, Lover, Mechanic, Messy Mohawk, Mullet, Pony Tail, Pyro, Riddler, Scarred, Scout, Spiky, Stars, Super Yokai, Tomoe, Travelers Bun, Warriors Bun, Woke Up Like This)
- Headwear (None, Amigasa, Arrows, Cat Ears, Lilypad, Pilk Enjoyer, Piranha, Spiked Helmet, Strawhat)
- Horns (None, Cut Horn, Demon Horn, Rhino, Tiny Horns, Triple Horns)
- Legendary (None, Akuma, Bone Slayer, Dovah Priest, Fortune King, Ghost of the Realm, Hakuma, King of Beasts, Lady Lust, Master of Dragons, Sakura, Tasty Skull)
- Mask (None, Annoyed, Bandit Mask, Ceremonial Mask, City Mask, DNA Mask, Enforcer, Grin, Goblin Tooth, Monkey Mask, Ninja, Panda Mask, Ronin Mask, Shut, Slight Grin)
- Mouth (None, Blood Thirsty, Delirious, Derpy, Donut, Fangs, Farmer, Gold Grin, Gold Fangs, Hook, Indifferent, Irritated, Monster, Oh.., Ready, Sad, Shy, Siggie, Slight Smile, Tusk, Unimpressed, UwU, Vampire)
- Outfit (None, Apprentice Robes, Battle Scarred Armor, Bonzai Botanist, Dragon Master, Dragon Priest, Demon Cult, Guided Wanderer, Kimono, Kung Fu Jacket, Master Robes, Nightingale Armor, Padded Scout Uniform, Razor Suit, Ronin Attire, Ronin Jacket, Royal Armor, Samurai Armor, Scholar Robes, Scout Uniform, Shirtless, Shirtless Dragon, Shirtless Dragon Master, Shirtless Mage, Shirtless Tribal, Training Robes, Traveler, Tomoe, Tori Robe, Wanderer, Yukata)
- Pets (None, Sparrow, Twin Dragons, Viper)
- Samurai Headwear (None, Battlehelmet, Ronin Helmet, Samurai Helmet, Spiked Helmet)
- Weapons (None, Akuma Katana, Battle Axe, Branch, Demon Mask, Demonic Dragon Katana, Golden, Carrot, Golden Leek, Nichirin Cleaver, Pyro Blade, Ripple Blade, Ronin Blade, Royal Claymore, Scissor Blade, Shark Tooth, Zangetsu)
The Akuma collection is featured on Rarity Sniffer.
They have allocated about 50 NFTs to the community wallet. These will be used for giveaways, riddles, quests, events, etc. Items in this wallet will not be put up for sale but rather handed out. Yokai #1, Yokai #5454 and Yokai #5555 have been custom built and allocated to Gatekeeper, Akuma’s developer WhoIsAde.Adev and Mateo A. These tokens will be held in a vault and will never be put up for sale.
- Website: https://www.akumaorigins.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AkumaOrigins
- Mirror Blog: https://mirror.xyz/akuma-origins.eth
- Artist Twitter: https://twitter.com/mateo9k
- Dev Twitter: https://twitter.com/WhoIsAdeAdev
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/akumaoriginsnft/
- Opensea: https://opensea.io/collection/akumaorigins
- LOOKSRARE: https://looksrare.org/collections/0xFA7E3F898c80E31A3aedeAe8b0C713a3F9666264
- Genie: https://www.genie.xyz/collection/0xfa7e3f898c80e31a3aedeae8b0c713a3f9666264
- Etherscan: https://etherscan.io/address/0xfa7e3f898c80e31a3aedeae8b0c713a3f9666264
Joe Wallace has covered real estate and financial topics, including crypto and NFTs since 1995. His work has appeared on Veteran.com, The Pentagon Channel, ABC and many print and online publications. Joe is a 13-year veteran of the United States Air Force and a former reporter for Air Force Television News.